There are a few bonus features to increase your win potential, but the factual battle is fought during the Free Spins. During this bonus round, you are guaranteed to end up as the winner.
The slot comes with an impressive award of 1 mln CAD (via max stake of 150 CAD), achievable as a result of the Priestess Free Spins (or 6666x the total bet), Low-Medium Volatility and an RTP of 96.89% (which allows obtaining positive mathematical expectations of winning in the casino).
Try this slot via our link in the free DEMO version, or go for real battles with deposits at any NetEnt casino.
Personal testers’ opinion about Warlords: Crystals of Power slot
The slot Warlords has a huge win potential, but it seems to be all or nothing at all. Big wins, or cutting your losses. Choose your bet wisely (minimum of 1/300 of your balance). The slot reserves 70% of the total prize pool for payouts in the regular spins.
Our maximum winning during the tests was 861x. The probability of triggering any of the bonus features reaches 0.66% (statistically, every 152nd spin). Warlords don’t keep the balance well and therefore don’t fit the wagering purposes.
Review and recommendations by the testing team
- According to us, the Warlords: Crystals of Power slot is one of NetEnt’s most compelling slots. It has nice graphics and a great soundscape, as we’re used to the Swedish development team. It’s popular among many players and it is among our favourites too.
- As for the machine itself, it certainly doesn’t hold the balance firmly. In the main game it often constructs winning combinations, so you get the impression you’re doing well, while in fact, the payouts are smaller than your bets, and actually, you’re losing. In theory, the potential of this slot is huge, even in the regular spins, if only you could manage to make good formations with the warriors. Of course, in practice, this occurs quite rarely, as in many other NetEnt slots. 4 identical symbols, plus 1 different icon inserted in between is a very common sight, unfortunately. The bonus features are generally not triggered in waves with this slot, but one by one, around every 100-150 spins.
The Free Spins feature is triggered when 3 identical flags land on the reels.
- When there are 2 or 3 different Scatter symbols simultaneously on the reels, the Battle bonus game is launched. The Warlords will start initial combat, fighting for the right to trigger Free Spins on their terms. After the battle, the Scatters will take the colour of the winner.
- If only 2 Scatter symbols appear on the reels, they will transform into 2 identical Scatters and Re-spin is triggered automatically, to give you another chance to land the 3rd Scatter. If after the Re-spin, you still don’t have a positive result, you get one Final chance. During this Final spin, the active Scatters stick in their position and you will receive a Coin Win, or the third Scatter will land to finally launch the Free Spins.
- Every combination of 3 identical Scatters has its own set of specific features:
- 3 Blue flags -The Barbarian Hammer feature – awards 9 Free Spins. Only generals and animals will appear on the reels. Each new Scatter that lands will get you 3 additional spins. The potential payout of this feature can be as high as 600x the bet, but in reality, the total winnings with the Hammer feature are around 30x-50x bets, even when you get a lot of Re-Spins.
- 3 Green Flags – Priestess Arrow – awards 7 Free Spins. Additional Scatter symbols play a big role here by increasing the win multiplier by x1 for each Scatter that lands during the Free Spins. Your winnings can be multiplied by 7x-8x, and even if only combinations with cheaper symbols are generated, this can result in very decent winnings. In the best scenario with a higher multiplier during the Arrow feature, you could end up with more than 6 666x of your original bet!
- 3 Red Flags – Samurai Sword – awards 5 Free Spins. Scatter symbols act as Sticky Wilds throughout all Free Spins. This feature also has a very high win potential, theoretically. If many Scatters appear exactly in the right place, you can expect wins of around 300x-600x the bets. Unfortunately, most of the time you won’t see too many Scatters and they don’t land in the right places, which results at the end of approximately 10x-20x the bets.
Lately, we get the impression that the provider made some small tweaks to the slot. When it was first released, the bonus features were more prominent and the Red Free Spin bonus round was by far the most lucrative.
Hidden parameters and settings of the slot (data from testing)
- The frequency of triggering the bonus feature is statistically every 152nd spin (0.66%).
- The probability of a hit (any winning) is 33,29%.
- The distribution of the winnings is 70% in the usual spins and 30% in the bonus feature.
- The maximum winning during the tests was 861x.
- The average winning from the bonus was 47x.
- Volatility is 6,99 out of 20 (from low to average).
- Cycle length is from average to long.
- The rating of the slot machine for the wagering is 4,76 out of 10.
- RTP of 96.89% allows getting a positive mathematical expectation of winning at the casino.
Random Overlay Wild bonus feature
- This feature is activated randomly during the main game. When it’s active, no Scatter symbols will appear on the reels. The 3 different types of additional Wild symbols are the following:
- Barbarian Hammer feature generates four wild symbols in the shape of a square on reels 1 to 4.
- Priestess Arrow feature puts 2 to 5 wild symbols on any reels.
- Samurai Sword feature adds 2 to 5 wild symbols on reels 1 to 4.
- Number of reels – 5
- Pay lines – 30 (always active)
- The cost of one coin – from 0.01 to 1
- Number of coins per line – from 1 to 10
- The range of bet sizes – from 0.15 to 150
- The maximum win for a combination of identical pictures – x300 (Hero in a red suit and Wild symbol)
- The biggest reward is 1 000 000 coins (in the bonus feature)
- Wild symbol – yes (Golden Amulet)
- Scatter – yes (three different coloured standards)
- Bonus spin – yes (re-spins that trigger wild and scatter symbols)
- The expected percentage of payout in this slot is 96.89%
How to win at the Warlords: Crystals of Power slot machine? (Conclusion)
- We stand by our golden rule: Always test the slots in the DEMO mode before depositing real cash.
- We recommend stakes of no more than 10 CAD on this slot. Try starting with minimal bets and if you are losing, slowly raise the bet.
- Because of the slot’s low-medium dispersion, it is wise to have a starting balance of around 300 – 400 bets, if you are trying to stick around for the epic win. We do think, that this slot is suitable for changing the bets and denominations, establishing how it reacts to them, and finding the optimum bet (again – with an upper line of 10 CAD).
- Don’t expect a big win from the first bonus, just wait around for the next Free Spins rounds, which are likely to be more profitable. In case you do win a decent amount the first time, better move on to the next slot.
- Another tactic you can try here is: to make maximal 50 spins, and if you didn’t score a good bonus feature, quit and come back later.
- The Warlords: Crystals of Power slot machine is not recommended to attempt completing the wagering requirements.