In this article, we will present you with every Niagara Falls casino. Their Games, Entertainment and Bonuses.
Welcome to the Canadian Province of Ontario – second-largest – by area (land + water) after the province of Quebec, and the most populous (over 38% of all Canadians live in this province).
With over 88 thousand residents, predominantly English-speaking, Niagara Falls is one of the medium-populated cities in the province (30th place of all the 245 cities in Ontario). Situated on the western bank of the Niagara River, across the city with the same name Niagara Falls, on USA territory of the New York state.
Precisely at this location, the Niagara River flows, creating Falls as a natural extravaganza, a wonder that must be seen, drawing millions of visitors each year. Starting in the late 18th century as a blend between settlement, curiosity, adventure, and enjoyment, tourism became a real economic activity in the 19th century. It has been a fundamental component of local affluence ever since. The Falls grew known as a water phenomenon.
Best online Niagara Falls Casino 2022
Tourism gradually replaced other hydro-powered industries and matured as the most significant city funds source on both sides of the river. For those trying to compare the 2 Niagara Falls centers, here in a nutshell:
- The Canadian city of Niagara Falls has an area of over 209 km² / NY city of Niagara Falls – over 43 km²
- The Canadian city of Niagara Falls has a population of over 88 thousand residents / NY city of Niagara Falls – over 48 thousand.
For those who wonder why the Canadian Niagara Falls is more famous than the USA Niagara Falls, here: (our brief findings)
- There is a more all-embracing view of the 3 falls from the Canadian side of the river.
- Being a larger and more populous city, the Canadian Niagara Falls has a bigger number and better tourist attractions. In Niagara Falls, Ontario, all focuses are on tourism and entertaining the tourists.
- Due to the profitability of the Canadian dollar compared to the USA dollar in the past, although now they are close in value, the reputation of ‘all are less expensive in Canada’ remains, so Ontario continues to be an attractive destination for Americans (and not the other way around – fewer Canadians visit the opposite side of the river).
- In Ontario, the statutory drinking age for alcohol is 19, in contrast to the 21 in the USA, which interests American consumers enough to cross the border and other nationalities’ customers – recognizing Canadian Falls city as more tolerant.
- The Ontario state authorities organized structures and legalized gambling establishments driving them to contribute to the local economy in the mid-1990s already. As a result, the opened in 1996 Casino Niagara sparked the early ‘gambling tourism’ outbreak when serious funds were spent on various luxury hotels, tourist amenities, and attractions, plus in 2004 a next casino – Niagara Fallsview, was open.
- For reference, the first casino on the NY side – Casino Seneca, was opened for business in 2002 (after Eddy Cogan’s and Howard Milstein’s multiple corruption setbacks, cancelled developments, and actions ending with shattered dreams).
- However, you need to be 19 and older to play at a casino in Ontario. In contrast, the legal gambling age for casinos in the State of New York is variable. Still, the 2 most important casinos in the Niagara, USA region (Seneca Niagara Resort & Casino and Seneca Buffalo Creek Casino) are 18 years of age.
Tourists, be aware! (Important fact) – Since 2004, some tourist establishments in Niagara Falls have added a 3% marketing fee to any customer’s bill. Despite the local Ontario government warnings that the collected amounts (over 15 mil CAD annually) are not legitimately collected and distributed back to promote tourism, these practices continue. There are still businesses in the region taking advantage of the non-informed visitors. Stay alert, revise your bill, and object to such a ‘voluntary’ add-up right at the ticket box, insisting on the service staff to remove it!
Stay with us to find out more about Gambling in Canada per city/state.
Things to do, things to see in Niagara Falls, Ontario
- The tourist zone by the falls combines high-rise hotels, souvenir shops, observation towers, museums, monuments, parks, theatres, and naturally, 2 super famous Casinos. One can book a day, night, helicopter, sailing, and dinner cruises, or combine multiple attractions when visiting this TOP world destination.
- Located at the border of Canada (Ontario state) and the USA (New York state), Niagara Falls is an ensemble of 3 waterfalls: American Falls, Bridal Veil Falls, and Horseshoe Falls. The scenes from the Observation Tower (Skylon Tower) at the Canadian Niagara Falls State Park are the most panoramic, scenic, and all-encompassing, plus from a dramatic sky-height (of over 282 feet). This extravagant outlook point is the best to capture all 3 Falls together.
- Going to the Canadian Niagara Falls is a once-in-a-lifetime experience. Many people on the planet have this destination on their bucket list (some of our team members).
- Even if it is winter, and all is icy and frozen at the edge, creating some spectacular sceneries, Niagara River water continues to flow profusely, draining Lake Erie into Lake Ontario.
- For other unforgettable journeys and beautiful experiences, you can visit Queen Victoria Park and located around Botanical Gardens, Butterfly Conservatory, and the Bird Kingdom, or Marineland Aqua Park, or make the cool gondola ride with great views of the falls with the SkyWheel.
- Experience the wonderful diversity of the Clifton Hill Amusement zone, with an entertainment and eatery neighbourhood positioned with a view of Niagara Falls with myriad day and night attractions. For a thrill and a daze of surprise, you need to see some flabbergasting exhibits, quirks, and curious illusions at the galleries of Ripley’s Believe It or Not museum. It would help if you went to the arcade entertainment complex The Great Canadian Midway and the abutting Movieland Wax Museum or the Louis Tussaud’s Waxworks specialty museum for all ages’ joy and fun.
- For a calm experience, you can go to the Mount Carmel Spiritual Centre or the Nikola Tesla Statue and Old powerhouse – a tribute to a genius and noteworthy man who deserves every bit of recognition.
- Other nature trails can include visits to the Niagara Glen Nature Areas, Dufferin Islands Park, and the Oakes Garden Theatre on the way to the Rainbow Bridge.
- Candidly, one well-spent outdoor day can end even better at some of the game tables of Casino Niagara or Niagara Fallsview Casino Resort.
Gambling in Niagara Falls Casino
As anticipated, the 2 industries – tourism and gambling were developing parallel in the Canadian city of Niagara Falls. Through the years, they leaned on each other, trying to provide the ultimate experience one super popular place should offer to any demanding visitor. Today the city and its economy are entirely absorbed and dependent on touristic infrastructure, gambling, entertainment, and service facilities.
Besides the tourists, the residents are also into betting. Over 80% of the population in Ontario gamble at least once yearly, which is a very significant number compared with the other provinces.
The figure is so high not only because of multiple first-class land-based establishments available in the province (currently near 30 bustling gambling areas are to be located in the province – powered by private corporations or charitable government organizations) but also because of the loose gambling policy of the provincial authorities.
Betting/Gambling is permitted by law at all land-based enterprises: casinos, hotels, bars, and lounges in the province of Ontario (Niagara Falls including), licensed by the Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corporation (OLGC) or Pro-Line service. Legal establishments/retailers are accessible to the general public in all seasons. The technical equipment in the casinos and the standard of service are at an exemplary level.
The 2 prominent places to gamble in Niagara Falls, Ontario
For an excellent traditional casino experience, the places to be in Niagara Falls are Casino Niagara and Niagara Fallsview Casino Resort. Both Casinos are operated by Mohegan Gaming & Entertainment (MGE) group and overseen by Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corporation (OLGC). They came in 2019 under the international management of the MGE – supervised by a Management Board and the Tribal Council of the Indian Mohegan Tribe, based in USA-Connecticut.
Casino Niagara is showcasing:
- Over 1300 Slot machines (including more than 350 progressive slots) and video poker machines, with bet levels from several pennies to 5 CAD.
- 40+ action-packed tables for Blackjack, Poker, Mississippi Stud, and Roulette.
- 15+ electronic table games (incl. live dealer) – Dynasty Blackjack, Dynasty Baccarat, Roulette,
- Three Card Poker, Nexus Progressive, High Card Flush, Blackjack Switch, Spanish 21, Casino War, etc.
- Unique gaming areas – Poker Room with 26 tables (24 hours a day) and Multi-Sport Wagering.
- Special events – Texas Hold’em Tournaments and Wednesdays Slot Tournament.
- Players Rewards – Cash Back, Member rewards and level cards, Additional rewards – concert tickets, dining, parking, spa, and more.
- Dining at – LEV2L Sports Bar and Entertainment; Market Buffet (with All-You-Can-Eat BBQ); Perks Café.
- Partnering with 4 premium hotels.
Niagara Fallsview Casino is a true Entertainment Resort, featuring:
- 3000+ of the newest and most exciting Slot machines from IGT, Aristocrat Technologies, Ainsworth Game Technology Ltd, Scientific Games, Califon Productions Inc., and others.
- Non-stop games, progressive action, machines with ranges from 1 cent to 100 CAD per spin.
- A high limit slots room with games ranging bets from 1CAD to 5 CAD per spin;
- 130+ real table games for variations of Blackjack, Poker, Craps, Baccarat, and Roulette.
- 40+ electronic table games (incl. live dealer).
- Over 20 different dining options for Italian, Asian, Steak, Buffet, Fish, Fast Food, and other menus.
- Hotel facility with 374 luxury rooms and suites.
- 24-hour impeccable room service.
- Full-service spa and fitness center.
- 24+ Galleria Shops for gifts, souvenirs, fashion, and accessories.
- World-class Dragonfly Nightclub for up to 800 guests.
- Avalon Theatre (1500 seats) and Entertainment Centre (5000 seats) have over 320 performances annually.
- Partnering with 45 Golf courses within a 30-minute drive of the Casino Resort.
Just so you are cognizant – we will repeat – you need to be 19 or over to visit both Niagara Falls casino facilities.
Online gambling in Niagara Falls, Ontario
In Niagara Falls and everywhere in the Ontario province, the ban on gambling has been lifted long ago.
Virtual wagering at offshore casinos is perfectly allowed for residents and visitors of Niagara Falls casino.
So, in Ontario, a gambling enthusiast can always find some form of convenient traditional entertaining: Casinos, Slots at various legal locations, Horse Racing, Sports Betting, Lottery, or Charitable gaming. But there is nothing more comfortable, nearby, and profitable than online casinos.
Thousands of websites are competing to entice Canadian players and to make them loyal users. In the same way myriad online gamblers are signing up in multiple casinos, trying to use their promotions or enjoy their favourite games. The TOP 3 advantages of the online operators are:
- They support a gigantic game collection
- They offer higher players’ anonymity
- They provide games with the highest returns in the industry (RTP)
Please browse through our pages and find more about The most trustworthy online casinos in Canada.
The details on our pages are offered as a universal advisor.
They should not be taken as official legal or tax source guidance.