It is a 243-ways-to-win game, which will expand to an impressive 78125 ways in the Raid Free Spins. It holds the potential to pay out 10 000x bets max coinciding win.
As we have mentioned slot comes with an impressive top win outlook of 10000x the bet (achievable in the Raid Spins), High Volatility with an RTP of 96.05%. The RTP allows obtaining a positive mathematical expectation of winning in the casino.
Spin-out for free in the DEMO version, here on our page. No registration required.
Personal testers’ opinion about Vikings slot
We love the Vikings TV series and were frantic to see if NetEnt could do justice to the epic saga. Surely they succeeded to hit our soft spot. We are immensely pleased! NetEnt’s Vikings online slot can easily compete with the very top slots of all times, and all competitors in the online slots business.
It does remind us of Warlords in some ways, but once we started to play, we did realize there are many differences. In the regular game, you’re mostly waiting for a combination of the high-paid symbols and you’re focused on the hot spot, the highlighted central reel.
If any complete Viking character lands there, all the other Viking symbols on the field turn into that character as well and are paid according to the Scatter paytable. Unlike the Warlords slot, Vikings can award Mega Wins during each feature.
Besides, the distinctive Raid Free Spins feature, with more than 78000 win lines is a real prospect to deliver the monster win. Thank you NetEnt, we would like to see more of this kind of slot!
Review and recommendations by the testing team
- Vikings slot, in our opinion, is one of the most innovative releases of NetEnt and it will be one of our favourites for the foreseeable future, if only for the fantastic graphics.
- In the main game, it doesn’t preserve the balance all that well (especially at a short distance: 50-100 spins), while you’re waiting for the Raid Spins. It sometimes gives wins less than the bet, often 1x-3x the bet, and only occasionally renders wins over 3x the bet. However, when you have some patience and a larger bankroll: 150-400 spins, it practically doesn’t let your credits go drastically down, because of the wins during the additional features. This way it allows you to wait for the Raid Free Spins, which have to be patiently waited, as can take a super long time to be triggered.
- The continuous feature during the regular game is the ‘Hot Spot’ feature, which highlights the central reel every single spin. If any Viking character lands there completely, all the other Viking characters transform into that central figure and are decently paid. This feature is activated pretty often and the average payout is about 8x-16x total bets. Every now and then the slot gives 32x-48x the bets, but this feature’s potential is restricted at 243x bets.
- To increase your win potential there’s the additional ‘Shield Wall’ feature, which appears randomly during the main game and the Free Spins. Usually, the shields can surprise you in series (we got 3 in a row, during our tests), but they might also not show themselves for many spins. The Shields reveal 6 to 10 Viking characters and give winnings of 2x-3x bets and 8x-10x bets, respectively. If there are some Viking characters on the remaining reels, the result can be higher.
- Land 3 Raid Spin symbols and you’re in for the win. You’re awarded 7 Free Spins, in which the reels are expanded to a 7×5 grid, and 78 125 pay lines guarantee your wins. Instead of a single Hot Spot, there are 3 such zones, with additional features all active, certainly more favourable than during the main game.
- We did notice during our extensive testing, that it can take forever (ok, not forever, but 300-500 spins), before the Free Spins are triggered which is, of course, unusual for NetEnt. But they usually come in a series of 2-3 in a row so it’s worth the wait.
- The win potential during the Raid Free Spins is extremely high, and even combinations of the lower-paid symbols can result in wins of a few hundred times the bet. Our biggest total win was 2000x the bet, but it can give a win up to 10 000x total bets for the Hot Spot feature alone.
- Then there is the Shield Wall feature, with 8 to15 shields uncovering Viking characters, instead of 6 to 10 as in the main game. The average winning of this feature is 20x the bets when you land 8 shields and with 15 shields even 300x-400x total bets.
- Total wins for the Raid Spins are around 40x-70x bets. When you’re lucky enough to trigger the additional features during the Free Spins can be much bigger. During our tests, we often won 200x the bets, a few times 400x, and our absolute maximum was 2000x the bets. It was a real Viking victory!
- Provider – NetEnt
- Payment lines – from 243 up to 78 145 ways
- Volatility – High
- Hit rate – 18.05%
- Default range of bets – 0.20-100 CAD
- Playing field – from 5х3 up to 7х5
- The maximum winning is – 10000x the total bet
- Bonuses – Wilds, Extra Wilds, Scatters, Re-spins, Hot Spots, Expanding Reels, Free Spins
- RTP – 96.05%
How to win at the Vikings slot machine? (Conclusion)
- Warrior, or not, we give everybody the same wise advice: Always play the slot in the free DEMO version, before putting in real money.
- Despite the high variance, we recommend this slot for playing with bonus money, but only if you have a large bankroll at your disposal (to stay as long as possible in the game).
- When playing the Vikings slot machine with real money, it’s also advisable to have healthy starting funds, since short gaming sessions don’t work well here. So, keeping a steady optimal bet in medium-length sessions is the best you can do.