- Absorbing crime action
- Low min bet, suitable for the low-rollers
- Exciting Wild wins with Multipliers in the base game and the Bonus
- Retro design - not everybody has an affinity with
- Shortage of functions
- Low max stake
The burglary most certainly cannot stay unsolved. That’s why the tough detective (with your help, of course) will collect all the evidence and will try to capture the thieves before they cross the border with their fake passports.
This High Volatility game comes in a 3×5 layout with 9 fixed paylines and the maximum winning in a single spin of the Bonus – 4472x the total bet.
Besides the mentioned above symbols, the dynamite time bomb is the Scatter (and Bonus trigger, of course), and the yellow American muscle car is a Wild symbol, which may not create its own combinations – i.e. has no value on the paytable, but can bring impressive x5 or x25 Multipliers. The theoretical RTP of Real Steal is set at 95.87%.
The graphics look outmoded, but we cannot miss mentioning the super cool 70’s theme soundtrack from the Shaft TV series, selected by the Swedish developer, which still sounds groovy and intensifies the game suspense.
If you would like to participate in the investigation, just spin the reels for free (without registration) here on our page.
Personal testers’ opinion about the Reel Steal slot
- Regardless of the lower RTP announced by NetEnt (95.87%) and not-so-remarkable graphics and design, this slot still has its fans because of the massive winning potential.
- Reel Steal scores badly on the wagering index meter – just 2.81 points (out of 10), which indicates that there is no point in trying to complete the requirements here.
- Our maximum payout during the tests was 1500x the total bet.
- The probability of getting any winnings is 22.20%, i.e. only a quarter of all the spins are successful.
- The probability of dropping 3+ Scatters and triggering the bonus feature is statistically 0.77% (every 152nd spin).
If such high-risk games are your cup of tea, then you should check out the following machines: DOA slot, Creature from the Black Lagoon slot, or Jack and the Beanstalk slot, which also come with huge winning prospects.
NetEnt declares the following probabilities
- The theoretical RTP is 95.87%. It comprises payouts in the base spins (71.80%) and the Free Spins (24.10%).
- The probability of obtaining any win in the base game is 22.60% and in the bonus game is 18%.
The maximum payout that could be generated is:
- Win on a single payline:
- In the Main Game: 37500 CAD (75000 coins), i.e. 833x the total bet
- In the Free spins: 187500 CAD (375000 coins), i.e. 4166x the total bet
- Max win coinciding is limited at:
- In the Main Game: 56675 CAD (113350 coins), i.e. 1295x the total bet
- In the Free spins: 201250 CAD (402500 coins), i.e. 4472x the total bet
Review and recommendations by the testing team
- Undeniably the Reel Steal slot has outdated design and gameplay. Yet, many players are spinning this game often due to the high potential for issuing big payments (1500x total bets).
- In addition, not many other NetEnt slots can issue this size prizes both in the Free Spins and in the main game.
- Because of the small number of lines (9), the slot doesn’t render many winning combinations in the usual spins. Furthermore, 3OAK and 4OAK are not highly-priced (they lack multiplier x5 – i.e. without Wild in the formation); therefore, the game has very poor balance preservation.
- To compensate for the lost balance, the slot issues Free Spins often, and even on a series with a small interval in between.
- Other than the re-triggers rewarded by the Scatter, or the slightly bigger number of Wilds, the Free Spins on their own are not more distinctive than the usual spins.
Hidden parameters of The Reel Steal slot (data from testing)
- The frequency of triggering the free spins feature – every 130th spin (statistically, 0,77%).
- The probability of a hit (any winning) is 22,20%.
- The distribution of the winnings is 74% in the main game and 26% in the bonus feature.
- The maximum payout during the tests was 1 500x.
- The average winning from the bonus was 40x.
- Volatility is 10,37 out of 20 (high).
- The ultimate potential is naturally realized during a hit with a wild symbol in the FS – it will give a multiplier of x25.
- The cycle length is long.
- The rating of the slot machine for the wagering is 2,81 out of 10.
- RTP of 95.87% does not allow getting a positive mathematical expectation of winning at the casino.
Free Spins feature
3, 4, and 5 Scatter symbols (dynamite time bomb) trigger, respectively 15, 20, and 25 Free Spins. They can drop anywhere on the grid, and if additional Scatter falls during the bonus game, 1 extra Free Spin is rewarded. All payouts receive an x5 multiplier during the bonus round, except for the payouts of winning combination with Wild symbol – they receive an x25 multiplier.
- Provider – NetEnt
- Payment lines – 9 (fixed)
- Default range of bets – 0.09 to 45 CAD
- Volatility – High
- Hit rate – 22.64%
- Playing field – 5х3
- The maximum winning is – 4472x the total bet
- Bonuses – Wilds, Wild Multipliers, Scatters, Free Spins
- Free Spins – Yes
- RTP – 95.87%
How to win at the Reel Steal slot machine? (Conclusion)
- We cannot stress enough how important it is to test this and any other high Volatility slot in DEMO mode before investing your own capital. Be diligent and familiarize yourself with the game first in the free version.
- We do not recommend this game to the bonus hunters, considering it doesn’t preserve the balance well.
- We also cannot recommend this game for playing with real money unless you have a large starting balance (300+ stakes), so you can wait for one big win of the Free Spins. The slot requires long sessions because it doesn’t show its potential from the first 100 spins or from the first bonus round.
- Reel Steal online slot has super potential for issuing a win of 1500x + total bets, but be aware of the lower RTP and the huge risk of playing high variance slots.