This slot has Medium Volatility with an RTP of 96.75%. The RTP allows obtaining a positive mathematical expectation of winning in the casino. Below you’ll find more details about this slot, but you can also go straight to playing the game in the free DEMO version and without registration.
Personal testers’ opinion about the Space Wars slot
- Space Wars still has a big loyal audience, despite its age. In popular casinos, the slot is still able to create a huge prize pool. If you pay attention, you’ll notice an indirect sign of the slots’ mood. Look at how it positions the symbols during the Re-spin feature. When it repeatedly puts the symbols that would complete your winning combination in a bad position (which results in no winnings), it’s sensible to quit the current session.
- The chances of hitting any win and activating the Re-spin feature are 15.98% (every 6th spin). At the same time, the machine has Medium Volatility (7.4 out of 20) and presents very poorly on the wagering meter – only 3.54 (out of 10) points. So, we wouldn’t recommend the Space Wars slot machine to the bonus hunters.
Review and recommendations by the testing team
- There are no Free Spins offered here. Besides the Wilds, the only other feature is Re-spin. Maybe partly because of this simplicity, the game is still at the top among the most played slots by players worldwide. Certainly, it doesn’t have the potential for massive payouts of 1000x total bets, but on average, the wins can surge up to 100x-250x total bets. What’s more notable – it can reward these big wins right from the first spins of your session.
- If you’re lucky, they come in series with short intervals. This might be another reason why this slot is still so popular. On the other hand, the slot gives winning combinations constantly, which gives the player the illusion that it keeps the balance well. Actually, the payouts are smaller than the bet. In other words, you’re just losing.
- We specifically observed during our extensive tests that when the Re-spin was triggered, completely different symbols landed on the 3rd and 4th reel. This happened in several casinos and at different times. You might say that’s just bad luck, but 49 out of 50 Re-spins ended this way during many sessions. That seemed a little bit too coincidental.
- Furthermore, we noticed that if you get a decent payout from a combination with a certain symbol, the Re-spin will repeat the same win with the same symbol, rather than give an even higher win with a higher valued symbol. Some players might even think that NetEnt has made some adjustments to the settings, and it will eventually lead to a zero balance, no matter how much you started.
NetEnt declares the following probabilities
- The total RTP of the slot is 96.8% (19.6% is returned in the usual spins, 38.3% – in the Re-spins with regular symbols, and 38.9% in the Re-spins with medium and high-value symbols.
- The likelihood of scoring any winnings in the usual spins is 16.4%.
- The chance of scoring a winning in the Re-spin of regular symbols is 86.1%.
- The likelihood of scoring a winning in the Re-spin of medium and high-value symbols is 100%.
- The maximum possible winning is 400 000 coins.
Hidden parameters and settings of Space Wars slot (data from testing)
- The frequency of triggering the re-spin feature is statistically every 6th spin (15,98%).
- Volatility is 7.4 out of 20 (average). The Space wars have a winning potential, but only with middle and premium symbols.
- The rating of the slot machine for the wagering is 3.54 out of 10. Usually, it “eats” money or gives the winnings away. Such type of slots is terrible for wagering.
- RTP of 96,75% allows getting a positive mathematical expectation of winning at the casino.
- Number of reels – 5
- Number of pay lines – 4
- Number of game lines (; they active) – 40
- The cost of one coin is from 0.01 to 0.50
- Number of coins per line – from 1 to 10
- The range of bet sizes ranges – from 0.40 to 200
- The maximum payout is 400,000 coins (In free spins)
- Wild symbol – there (Luminous inscription)
- Free spins (re-spin) – there is (one after the winning round).
How to win at the Space Wars slot machine? (Conclusion)
- No surprise here, we give the usual basic recommendation: do check the game in free DEMO mode before spending real money.
- This slot is not suitable for games with bonus money, and playing the wager on it isn’t easy (3.54 out of 10). It doesn’t keep the balance well, so no point in persisting if you identified the slot mood.
- When playing with real money, you should analyze the Re-spins. If noticing that the Space Wars slot machine only issues small payouts, and you see your balance decreasing, move on. From the first 50-70 spins, you’ll determine the mood of the slot and decide to go on or quit. If you decide to continue, a balance of 200 bets should be at your disposal. Maybe it sounds illogical, but after many negative spins already, try lowering the stakes and stick around for the Mega Win.