- Stunning graphics and sounds (promising a very festive atmosphere)
- Exciting Mini-game to pick all the Bonuses for the upcoming FS round
- Lofty max stake
- Low max outlook for this Variance
- No Bonus Buy
Other than the similarities, the Secrets of Christmas slot machine, as implied by the name, has a festive design, with beautiful graphics, cheerful background sounds, and music, delivering a lovely warm feel.
Here as with the initial slot, you can win up to 178125 CAD (if you are using the max stake of 125 CAD, or calculated as 1425x the total bet) per single spin.
Make sure to take a free spin here on our site or unwrap the gifts with your name in the real version of the game at one of our recommended casinos.
Personal testers’ opinion about the Secrets of Christmas slot
- As we mentioned already, this is a replica of the Secrets of the Stones slot from the same developer.
- Your balance can start to suffer from only appearing 2 Scatters (on the first 2 reels), and missing the 3rd, so when you feel like you are in one of those stretching cycles, lacking a bonus round for a long time, it is better to cut your losses and exit the game.
- During the usual spins, the slot is slightly more generous than the Stones slot (35.10%), and the probability of any hit in the X-mas edition is 39.04%.
- Our maximum winning during the tests in the Free Spins was 476x (very close to our 500x in the Stone slot).
- The bonus round is statistically triggered every 133rd spin (0.75%), so 41% of the prize pool is reserved for payments in the Free Spins.
- This slot also didn’t score well in the test for wagering fulfillment – with 2.64 (out of 10), our recommendation is negative – do not attempt to complete the requirements here.
Review and recommendations by the testing team
- Being exact replica (of the Secret of the Stones slot) here is expected to be seen completely matching gameplay as in the initial slot (style, bonus triggering, and payout dispersion). However, we do see some dissimilarities.
- To begin with, the Secrets of Christmas slot seems to keep the balance better and provides combinations somewhat more frequent than the original game. Then the bonus feature is simplified here by a few elements:
- The pick and click selection is leading you to make your choice in 3 steps. This way is slightly easier to choose in a smaller group of gifts.
- During our tests, we noticed that the slot repeatedly installed the Wild reel in the same location; ergo, if you recognized where it was during the previous bonus, you should pick that same location.
- Another strategy to pick and click gifts is to select the same goodies all the time, as the slot will put the Wild reel anyway at that location in the long distance.
- In general, we evaluate that this slot more often drops Scatters and rewards with a bonus round than the Stones machine. The waves with bonuses are more obvious here- a series of few bonuses in a row, then a long interval without Free Spins, and then again a series of bonuses. The average break between the series can be about 100 spins, and the average winnings from the Free Spins (not the top achievements) are between 30x – 80x total bets.
NetEnt declares the following probabilities
- The total RTP of the slot is 96.72%. 56.87% is reserved for the payouts in the main game and 39.85% for the bonus round.
- The probability of receiving any hit (winnings) is 38.87% in the usual spins, and in the Free Spins differs between 92.7% and 46.3%, based upon the chosen gifts.
- The probability of receiving 3+ Scatter symbols to start the Free Spins is 0.78% (1/129).
Hidden parameters of Secrets of Christmas slot (data from testing)
- The frequency of triggering the bonus feature is statistically every 133rd spin (0.75%).
- The probability of a hit (any winning) is 39,04%.
- The distribution of the winnings is 59% in the usual spins and 41% in the bonus.
- The maximum winning during the tests was 476x.
- The average winning from the bonus was 51x.
- Volatility is 9.42 out of 20 (from average to high).
- The Cycle length is from average to long.
- The rating of the slot machine for the wagering is 2,46 out of 10.
- RTP of 96.72% allows getting a positive mathematical expectation of winning at the casino.
Free spins feature
The initial number of Free Spins rewarded is 10. But getting into the room of goodies, you will obtain additional prizes: extra spins, multipliers, and one or more Wild symbols addendum. The number of gifts to be unwrapped depends on the number of Scatters dropped: 3 symbols – 3 presents; 4 symbols – 4 presents, and 5 symbols – 5 presents.
- Provider – NetEnt
- Payment lines – 25 (fixed)
- Default range of bets – 0.25 to 125 CAD
- Volatility – from Average to High
- Hit rate – 38.87%
- Playing field – 5х3
- The maximum winning is – 1425x the total bet
- Bonuses – Wilds, Additional Wilds, Wild Reels, Symbols Swap, Scatters, Free Spins with Multipliers
- Free Spins – Yes
- RTP – 96.72%
How to win at the Secrets of Christmas slot machine? (Conclusion)
- As usual, we will advise you to prevent being caught off guard not knowing the aspects of the game. So, test it first in DEMO (free) mode before placing real deposits.
- This slot is slightly better than the original in preserving the balance but still doesn’t score quite enough to be approved for wagering. There are other more suitable NetEnt games to try to complete the requirements.
- Contrary to some players who believe that if 2 Scatters begin often to appear, that is a signal of the 3rd coming soon, we reckon that this is a symptom of the game being in the ‘cold’ and ‘stingy’ mood, so waiting for one massive payout at this point is not recommended. You better go to the next slot.
- We’ve witnessed that the Secrets of Christmas slot activates bonus rounds in a series. So, if you just had Free Spins, don’t rush to change the slot. There is a chance of reoccurring in the next 10 – 30 spins.
- We’ve noticed as well that Wild Reels (the most lucrative feature) are often hidden inside the same items. So, it is reasonable to repeat the same gift during the next Free Spins if you located it.