The Swedish developers bring us again to the dusty western surroundings with a stormy, lightning sky, where whistles, harsh creaks, cowing birds, and the wind blowing are propping up the ambiance. There is nothing left for you but to grab your pistol and a glass of whiskey and enjoy the game’s sequel with extra ammunition!
The slot has High Volatility with an initial RTP of 96.82%. The RTP allows obtaining a positive mathematical expectation of winning in the Canadian online casino.
Personal testers’ opinion about Dead or Alive 2 (Review and recommendations from the testers’ team)
The developers from NetEnt probably intended to indulge the original DOA fans creating DOA2 with even bigger win potential (the announced rewards if of over 100 000 stakes, compare to the total maximum winning of 12 000 stakes for the first DOA).
Unfortunately, the volatility of the sequel was kept by NetEnt very high. As a result, this machine, like the first one, does not keep the balance well and often gives minimal wins during the bonus game. Throughout our game test period, we made the following observations:
Regarding the base game:
The slot has bad bankroll support during the usual spins. It cannot keep the balance because it mostly gives out insignificant wins in the range from less than the nominal stake to several stakes. The slot often makes the long series of dead spins. Now and then gives out bigger wins in the range of 11-44 stakes. Even less than those times give a win in the range of 75-111 stakes.
The maximum reward of the test group was 222 stakes per line. At the same time, this machine (as in the first part) can give out the win of 2 500 stakes in the usual spins due to the combination of 5 Scatter symbols.
Regarding the bonus round:
Free spins are triggered not often – on average, every 100 spins. The distance can be reduced by issuing the minimum wins in the bonus feature or increased, which is often compensated by the series of Free Spins.
- In the “Old Saloon” feature, you can get insignificant wins of 5-30 stakes, and more “successful” games can pay 60-120 stakes (i.e. average payments of 40x bet, a maximum payment of 200x the bet).
- NetEnt recorded rewards of 758 and 2304 stakes, which correspond to the result of the first DOA.
- This bonus feature is not that popular anymore (as it repeats the same action from volume 1). However, with volume 2, DOA die-hard fans want to play the 2 new bonus feature options.
- The “High Noon Salon” feature has a higher potential for issuing the big win because it can trigger the multiplier up to x3. Here too, you can get the insignificant wins of 5-30 stakes, and more “successful” games can pay 35-80 stakes (i.e. average payments of 25x bet, a maximum payment of 160x and 370+ the bet). The declared by NetEnt max potential of 100 000 stakes remains questionable, even though the developer recorded some high wins and placed the streaming videos on their official site(showing high numbers, but not as the announced sky-high).
- Train Heist Free Spins enables the high multiplier on the pay line with the top win. During the tests, we witnessed the multiplier going to 44x. Thus, you can get insignificant wins of 5-20 stakes, periodic wins of 35-50 stakes, and more “successful” games can pay 120-220 stakes. Our maximum payments were only 244x and 300 x the bet.
Following our test results, we can conclude.
- In the usual spins, the potential of getting the win of 2500 stakes is equal to 0.
- ‘Old Saloon’ Free Spins are not able to bring the wins, which the developer stated.
- This slot can pay you out a maximum of few thousand stakes via this feature.
- As stated, the ‘High Noon Salon’ option has a higher potential. However, we doubt if the slot can achieve the stated wins via this bonus feature. Let’s assume that it gives a large number of Wild symbols during the first few spins. This slot should put a full-screen Wilds in the first spin to get the maximum stated win. How realistic is this? OK, a streaming video shows this happened once, but after more than a year of constant tries and millions and millions of spins. Therefore, we place all our hopes on the 3rd bonus option.
- ‘Train Heist’ Free Spins. This slot machine may issue a line of Wild symbols, which pay 166 stakes in this bonus feature. Mathematically we need the multiplier of 602 to get the win to 100 000 stakes. Even if it gives out 50% during spins, then you will need the multiplier of 300 to get 50 000 stakes. In our opinion, this is also not realistic.
In the end, we consider that NetEnt Company gave the players inaccurate information. However, the number of Free Spins and the multiplier in the “Train Heist” bonus game is not limited, so why not put the potential reward of 10 mln stakes then?
At DOA 2, you will find enhanced images and figures, advanced graphics and background sound, amazing Gunmen, Cowboys, Bandits, and Fugitives atmosphere, a good paytable, and two new bonus features. As the first chapter of Dead or Alive, here too, the slot has 9 fixed pay lines and a 3×5 simple layout.
- On the low-paid end of the paytable are the regular cards, followed by the whisky, then the pair of the cowboy boots. Finally, at the high end of the paytable are again the cowboy hat, holster with a gun, and the top paid is the sheriff’s badge.
- As usual, 3 or more adjacent same symbols (even Wilds) on a pay line from left to right make a winning combination.
- This rule does not apply to the Scatters (as with the first DOA) because even 2 of them landing anywhere on the reels is a paid combination as well.
- Wild is a substitute, but as we mentioned can form a win line on its own.
- Scatter appears only during the base game, where 3+ Scatters are used to trigger the bonus round.
- The special features are Sticky Wilds and 3 different variants of Free Spins – Old Saloon, High Noon Saloon, and Train Heist, plus various multipliers.
Each time you trigger the bonus feature, you receive 12 Free Spins, with the possibility to choose any of the 3 different variants to play out the Free Spins.
- Here all wins during the Free Spins are multiplied by 2, and Wild symbols become Sticky.
- Besides, if you land one more Sticky Wild, you are granted 5 Free Spins.
- If Wilds appear on all 5 reels, then you will still receive only 5 Free Spins.
-High Noon Salon-
- 2x Wild symbols landing on the same reel can trigger the multiplier x2.
- 3x Wild symbols landing on the same reel can trigger the multiplier x3.
- There is no fixed number of spins here. Instead, you get the Multiplier meter, which shows each time you land a Wild on the reels, the multiplier grows by 1 and adds additional spin to the initial 12 Free Spins.
- If the multiplier reaches x16, you will receive even extra 5 additional spins.
- Provider – NetEnt
- Payment lines – 9 (fixed)
- Volatility – High
- Hit rate – 29.80%
- Default range of bets – 0.09 to 18 CAD
- Playing field – 5×3
- The maximum winning is – 111111 x the total bet (High Noon FS)
- Bonuses – (5 different) Wilds, Sticky Wilds, Scatters, 3 types of Free Spins, Multiplying Multipliers, Increasing Multipliers, Additional Spins
- Free Spins – Yes
- RTP – 96.82%
How to win at Dead or Alive 2 (DOA 2)? (Conclusion)
- As usual, our first advice is to test the game in DEMO mode before starting to play for real money.
- We do not recommend this game to bonus hunters for wagering the bonus requirements because of the extremely high volatility and long cycle.
- If you completed the wagering requirements with the first DOA, you can certainly do it here too, but remember the slot doesn’t keep the balance well and often gives only minimal wins.
- We consider that because this slot, like the first one, is very popular among players, it always has a high amount in its prize pool, i.e. by playing DOA 2, you will always have the potential to receive massive payments of several thousand stakes.
- We recommend this slot playing for real money, but only with a middle length of the sessions.
- Since this machine has high dispersion, you will not obtain the desired result if you play short and don’t wait for one well-paid bonus feature.
- Average distance with an average bankroll will be the best solution here.